Niger Delta militants have threatened the Nigerian government that the group will destroy infrastructures in Abuja and Lagos as well as oil facilities in the country.
In a video that was shared by AIT television, the militants accused the Federal government of abandoning the region, leaving it without basic amenities such as roads and schools.
One of the militants who read a statement from the group said as part of measures they would employ to register their displeasure, they plan to destroy infrastructures in Abuja and Lagos as well as oil facilities both onshore and offshore.
The statement read, ”The military that ought to protect properties have turned themselves into militaries of killing, raping and maiming innocent individuals and rending our youths jobless.
“So many others have decided to treat us in same manner.
“Don’t worry because we are coming to destroy all your infrastructures in Abuja and Lagos. Even to the oil companies operating in our region that have decided to undermine our people, be rest assured that your days would soon catch up with you.
“Due to the insenstive nature of the Nigerian government on issues that are bothering its citizens, today the country is in turmoil. Protest everywhere and strike in several sectors.
“The EndSARS protest that took place almost crippled the nation’s economy. It is amongst such ill-treatments that gave birth to this unprecedented protest.
- Governor Kayode Fayemi Visits Widow Of Air Force Personnel (Photos)
- ‘Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I didn’t give you all my money, all my love and my younger years’ – Ifu Ennada says as she reminiscences spending all her money on ex-lover
- Super Falcons Thrash Equatorial Guinea 9-0 to Win Turkish Women’s Cup (Video)
- Governor Seyi Makinde orders immediate reopening of Shasha market
“Nigerian government ought to give her citizens good governance. Today, the various zones in the country are calling for division of the country called Nigeria.
“So as a group determined to give total liberation of her people, we will destroy all the oil facilities both onshore and offshore in no distant time. We will be seen to be crippling the Nigerian economy in no distant time as well.”
Watch the videos below;
Read more on our Metro News Page
- ‘June Should Be The Date. Undisputed’ – Anthony Joshua Hints At Showdown Date With Tyson Fury
- Ten Policemen Injured In Auto Crash Involving Bauchi Governor’s Convoy
- Police Arrest Two Men In Ogun For Gang Raping A 16-year-old Girl
- Ex-French President, Nicolas Sarkozy Found Guilty Of Corruption And Sentenced To Jail
- Female Students Sent Home Over Spiritual Attack In Benue School