President Buhari has reiterated his administration’s plan to lift 100 million Nigerians out of poverty, saying the plan will be pursued with remarkable grit and determination.
Speaking on Tuesday, at a meeting with the Presidential Economic Advisory Council (PEAC), President Buhari agreed with the Council that the country required a poverty reduction strategy that will usher in a “rapid, sustained, sustainable and inclusive economic growth.
According to a statement released by presidential spokesperson, Garba Shehu, President Buhari wondered why a holistic agenda on poverty reduction was never contemplated by pasts administrations when the Nation’s revenue was at an all-time high.
- LOL! Pornhub pick the University Of Ibadan as their African headquarters while replying to tweet asking where in Nigeria will their headquarters be
- WOW! AT LAST! Singer Tems shows off her massive backside in sexy new photos of her in a pool
- Ah! Man beats his girlfriend’s 2-year-old son to death for bedwetting on the sofa
- SHOCKING! See the reason why media personality, Shade Ladipo says late Prince Philip, husband of the Queen of England, will not rest in peace
“I was shocked, hearing from you that, of the vast agricultural land resources available to the nation, only two percent of it is under irrigation,
“Promising that we will make the best use of the land. Thank you for shaking us up. We are now awake, we will not doze off again. We didn’t just bump into this, we believe it is something we can deliver on.”President Buhari was quoted as saying
Read more on our Metro News Page
- Ramadan fast: Hisbah police arrest over 10 persons for eating during the day in Kano
- See the reason why husband burnt all his wife’s certificates
- RACISM AT ITS PEAK? White Texas students disciplined after creating ‘slave trade’ group on Snapchat that assigns price tags to their black classmates
- “My sons have not taken care of me … I give my daughter my property absolutely as she has taken care of me for all these years” – Three brothers fight their sister after their mum gave all of her £850k will to her
- Police arrest two siblings for allegedly beating their brother to death over their late father’s property in Imo