A woman from Chogoria Town in Tharaka Nithi County has been arrested by Kenyan police for allegedly stabbing her boyfriend to death after he refused to sleep with her.
Susan Gakii was said to have stabbed Martin Kahiga, 42, after Kahiga refused to spend the night in her house.
Gakii drove a kitchen knife in the right side of Kahiga’s chest, and, thereafter, attempted suicide by stabbing herself in the stomach.
Police said Gakii had Saturday night demanded that her lover, whom she had gone out on a date with, takes her to her house in Polepole market centre in Chogoria Town.
Upon arriving at Gakii’s house, the suspect is said to have warned Kahiga against leaving the house without sleeping with her.
“This led to a confrontation. Gakii, thereafter, picked a kitchen knife and stabbed Kahiga in the right side of his chest,” a police report filed at Chogoria Police Station said.
On realising the gravity of her action, Gakii raised the alarm, attracting neighbours’ attention.
Three neighbours, Glory Mwende, Winjoy Gatwiri and Martin Mutuma, accessed Gakii’s house by breaking her window after the suspect refused to open the door.
Gakii and Kahiga were, thereafter, rushed to the PCEA Chogoria Hospital, where Kahiga was pronounced dead on arrival.
“The suspect’s condition is stable. We will interrogate her after she’s discharged from hospital,” police said.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- Ahmed Musa to miss Kano Pillars away games over unsafe roads
- WICKEDNESS! Mother arrested after police rescue 15-year-old girl allegedly confined in a room for 10 years by her parents in Kano; father still on the search (photos)
- WOW! See the moment two UK police officers were caught kissing in patrol car for ’20 minutes’ (video)
- See the moment Lady narrates how she got infected with HIV by her first-ever boyfriend and how she found out he has 3 babymamas
- BREAKING: President of Chad Idriss Déby who just got reelected, extending his 30 years in power, is dead