A woman has been charged for stabbing her fourth husband to death with a kitchen knife as they fight over an iPad charger.
The retired chartered accountant, Penelope Jackson, 65, has been charged with murdering David Jackson, 78, at the property in the village of Berrow, near Weston-super-Mare, on Saturday night.
Mrs Jackson’s son-in-law, Jeremy Mullins, said the couple had been in the kitchen at their bungalow in a quiet cul-de-sac when a quarrel apparently began.
He said, “It was one of those petty rows, apparently over a phone charger for an iPad. They both wanted to charge up their devices and there was only one charger, so they started rowing about who could use it first.”
- Governor Kayode Fayemi Visits Widow Of Air Force Personnel (Photos)
- ‘Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I didn’t give you all my money, all my love and my younger years’ – Ifu Ennada says as she reminiscences spending all her money on ex-lover
- Super Falcons Thrash Equatorial Guinea 9-0 to Win Turkish Women’s Cup (Video)
- Governor Seyi Makinde orders immediate reopening of Shasha market
Mr Jackson, who was a former senior Army officer and captain of a local golf club, died from his injuries. A post-mortem confirmed he suffered from a number of stab wounds.
Other relatives confirmed that Mrs Jackson had been married three times before.
Relatives added that the Jacksons had been married for 25 years with a daughter and other children from previous relationships.
Shocked neighbours of the Jacksons said they had ‘never heard a cross word’ exchanged between the couple.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- Emir of Karaga, Alhaji Salihu Tanko dies
- Fire breaks out at Army Headquarters In Abuja
- Two Men Who Flaunt Their Wealth On Social Media Caught During Robbery Operation (Video)
- Nigeria Receives First Doses Of COVAX COVID-19 Vaccines
- Bauchi Police Arrest Man For Stabbing And Raping 18-year-old Girl