The Emir of Karaga, Niger state, Alhaji Salihu Tanko, has passed away.
Former Kaduna Senator, @ShehuSani confirmed the demise of the Emir via twitter on Tuesday.
He said, “I received the sad news of the death of the Emir of Kagara, Niger State, Alhaji Salihu Tanko. May Allah grant him Aljanna firdausi. Amin. Inna lillahi wainna Illayhir rajiun.”
Salihu Tanko was appointed as the 16th Chief of Tegina in 1971.
- WICKEDNESS! Mother arrested after police rescue 15-year-old girl allegedly confined in a room for 10 years by her parents in Kano; father still on the search (photos)
- WOW! See the moment two UK police officers were caught kissing in patrol car for ’20 minutes’ (video)
- See the moment Lady narrates how she got infected with HIV by her first-ever boyfriend and how she found out he has 3 babymamas
- BREAKING: President of Chad Idriss Déby who just got reelected, extending his 30 years in power, is dead
On Jan 1, 1982, he was appointed as the second Chief of Kagara with a second-Class status to succeed Alh Ahmadu Attahiru who held the position until his death in November, 1981.
On 1st Nov. 1991, Alh Salihu Tanko was promoted to the rank of a First-Class Emir by the military Governor of Niger State Col. Lawan Gwadabe.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- WOW! Nigerian couple bless with quadruplets after 16 years of marriage (photos)
- WOW! Police arrest Nollywood Actor Baba Ijesha for defiling a 14-year-old girl since she was 7 years old
- See the reason why this man broke bottle on policeman’s head (video)
- Uknown fire sets Katsina State House of Assembly on fire (photos)
- See the moment identical twins meet again after 36 years of separation from birth (Photos)