Gombe State Governor, Inuwa Yahaya has sacked three of his commissioners in a minor cabinet reshuffle.
The sacked commissioners are Alhassan Ibrahim Kwami – Information & Culture, Dr Ahmed Mohammed Gana- Health and Mela Audu Nunghe (SAN)- Special Duties.
Secretary to the State Government, Ibrahim Njodi announced on Monday, adding that six commissioners were redeployed to other ministries.
Three persons have already been nominated by the governor for confirmation by the state House of Assembly as replacements for the sacked commissioners.
Njodi said, “In his bid to further consolidate on the operations of government, Governor Inuwa Yahaya has approved a minor cabinet reshufflement as follows:
“Mohammed Danladi Adamu from Lands and Survey to Rural, Community Development and Cooperatives; Dr Habu Dahiru from Education to Health, and Usman Jafun Biri from Ministry of Rural, Community Development and Cooperatives to Ministry of Lands and Survey.
- WICKEDNESS! Mother arrested after police rescue 15-year-old girl allegedly confined in a room for 10 years by her parents in Kano; father still on the search (photos)
- WOW! See the moment two UK police officers were caught kissing in patrol car for ’20 minutes’ (video)
- See the moment Lady narrates how she got infected with HIV by her first-ever boyfriend and how she found out he has 3 babymamas
- BREAKING: President of Chad Idriss Déby who just got reelected, extending his 30 years in power, is dead
“The others areJulius Ishaya from Ministry of Youth Development to Ministry of Information and Culture; Dauda Batari Zambuk from Ministry of Internal Security and Ethical Orientation to Ministry of Education and Adamu Dishi Kupto from Ministry of Housing and Urban Development to Ministry of Internal Security and Ethical Orientation.
“In the same vein, His Excellency has relieved the following commissioners of their appointments with immediate effect: Alhassan Ibrahim Kwami – Information & Culture, Dr Ahmed Mohammed Gana- Health and Mela Audu Nunghe (SAN)- Special Duties.
“They are expected to hand over the affairs of their ministries to their respective Permanent Secretaries.
“His Excellency wishes to thank them for their services to Gombe State and wishes them well in their future endeavors.”
Read more on our Metro News Page
- See the reason why this man broke bottle on policeman’s head (video)
- Uknown fire sets Katsina State House of Assembly on fire (photos)
- See the moment identical twins meet again after 36 years of separation from birth (Photos)
- COVID-19: AstraZeneca vaccine confines woman in wheelchair after her legs developed ‘giant blisters’ (photos)
- WOW! Angry fans chase Schalke 04 players after the German club got relegated from the Bundesliga for the first time since 1988 (video)