Nigerian born British professional boxer, Anthony Joshua has announced that his undisputed showdown with Tyson Fury will hold in June.
The British-Nigerian boxer, 31, who defeated Kubrat Pulev in December, will place his WBC, WBA, WBO, and IBF belts on the line for the biggest British fight of all time.
“June should be the date,” Joshua said during a JD Sports live stream on Sunday.
“Trust me. For the fans, for the people that have been calling it on for many, many months.
“Shoutout to Fury and his team as well, hungry go-getters, that’s what we are. UK stand up. And to the world, we’re bringing it.
“I can’t wait. Undisputed.”
- WICKEDNESS! Mother arrested after police rescue 15-year-old girl allegedly confined in a room for 10 years by her parents in Kano; father still on the search (photos)
- WOW! See the moment two UK police officers were caught kissing in patrol car for ’20 minutes’ (video)
- See the moment Lady narrates how she got infected with HIV by her first-ever boyfriend and how she found out he has 3 babymamas
- BREAKING: President of Chad Idriss Déby who just got reelected, extending his 30 years in power, is dead
This comes after Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn assured fans that the fight is definitely on.
“Tyson Fury’s gonna get his wish. We are in, we are in,’ he told Boxing Social last week.
“Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. The undisputed king is going to be Anthony Joshua and this fight will happen.
“This fight is on, trust me.”
Read more on our Sports News Page
- WOW! Nigerian couple bless with quadruplets after 16 years of marriage (photos)
- WOW! Police arrest Nollywood Actor Baba Ijesha for defiling a 14-year-old girl since she was 7 years old
- See the reason why this man broke bottle on policeman’s head (video)
- Uknown fire sets Katsina State House of Assembly on fire (photos)
- See the moment identical twins meet again after 36 years of separation from birth (Photos)