The reunion ceremony of the 279 abducted Schoolgirls of Government Girls Junior Secondary School in Jangebe, Zamfara state and their parents turned bloody on Wednesday.
It was learnt that military officers allegedly fired shots at the agitated parents, killing one person while two other persons sustained severe gunshot injuries and were rushed to the hospital.
Arise News reports that the anxious parents had gathered within the school premises waiting to reunite with their children.
Trouble started when the parents who were angry that the reunion ceremony was unnecessarily too long, disrupted the proceedings to hug their children and reunite with them.
- WICKEDNESS! Mother arrested after police rescue 15-year-old girl allegedly confined in a room for 10 years by her parents in Kano; father still on the search (photos)
- WOW! See the moment two UK police officers were caught kissing in patrol car for ’20 minutes’ (video)
- See the moment Lady narrates how she got infected with HIV by her first-ever boyfriend and how she found out he has 3 babymamas
- BREAKING: President of Chad Idriss Déby who just got reelected, extending his 30 years in power, is dead
It was in the moment of the chaos that the military allegedly pulled their trigger, killing one person.
Two others sustained gunshot wounds. One of the injured persons is a boy who had come to the school with his father to reunite with his sister who was abducted by the bandits.
The state government nor security agents are yet to comment on the development.
Read more on our Metro News Page
- See the reason why this man broke bottle on policeman’s head (video)
- Uknown fire sets Katsina State House of Assembly on fire (photos)
- See the moment identical twins meet again after 36 years of separation from birth (Photos)
- COVID-19: AstraZeneca vaccine confines woman in wheelchair after her legs developed ‘giant blisters’ (photos)
- WOW! Angry fans chase Schalke 04 players after the German club got relegated from the Bundesliga for the first time since 1988 (video)