Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Juventus are reportedly set to be banned from the Champions League this week.
The three European giants are facing disciplinary proceedings from FIFA over their plans to form the European Super League.
They have insisted that they are within their rights to form a new competition and claim that UEFA and FIFA have no right to get in their way.
Of the dozen clubs to form the new breakaway league outside UEFA’s control, only Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus are still on board.
The other nine, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid, Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United, Tottenham, Chelsea, and Manchester City, signed a letter of apology to UEFA and pledged to give £12.9m to grassroots football.
La Liga president and UEFA Executive Committee member Javier Tebas said on Tuesday June 1, that Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus should be ‘scared’ of the outcome of UEFA’s disciplinary proceedings against them.
And Italian outlet la Repubblica claims the three clubs will be kicked out of the Champions League this week.
‘The ones that have to be scared are Real Madrid and Barcelona,’ Tebas told ESPN. ‘I don’t want to imagine a Champions [League] without them but it can happen.
‘More than a sanction, UEFA may opt not to register Madrid, and Barca in the Champions. I think they could be left out. They should be scared.’
Barcelona’s president pledged last week to go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport if UEFA take sanctions.
‘I told [UEFA president Aleksander] Ceferin that we were not going to apologise and that we were not going to pay a fine that is unjustifiable. If they fine us, we will go to the CAS,” Joan Laporta said.
‘We will fight to protect the interests of Barcelona and to develop a model of football that is sustainable. All clubs are losing money.”
- Young Man stabbed to death while filming a music video in London (photos)The man who was stabbed was lying in the middle of the road, with an ambulance on scene instantly, where the man was receiving CPR right away but looked lifeless A man was fatally stabbed while filming a music video near Brixton Tube station in south London. The victim, Shane Jerome, who was aged 23,…
- ”No room for laziness and unfruitfulness”- COZA pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo backs Bishop Oyedepo over sacking of pastorsFatoyinbo who is one of the proteges of Oyedepo, said there is no room for laziness and unfruitfulness. Senior Pastor of the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly COZA, Biodun Fatoyinbo, has come out to defend Bishop David Oyedepo who recently fired 40 pastors from his church for being ”unfruitful and blatant failures”. Reacting to the development…
- See what Bishop David Oyedepo said after sacking multiple pastors from Winners Chapel (video)Bishop David Oyedepo said the pastors were sacked because they were blatant failures who weren’t bearing fruits. Bishop David Oyedepo, the President and Founder of Living Faith Church Worldwide, aka Winners Chapel Worldwide, has finally spoken about the sack of some pastors. Recall that a pastor named Peter Godwin alleged that he and over 40…
- Taliban beheads Afghanistan interpreter for US Army as militant group dominates almost 90% of Afghan territory following US withdrawal of military troopsThe Taliban now claims it has 85% territory control of Afghanistan following the withdrawal of US forces ordered by president Joe Biden. Sohail Pardis, an Afghan interpreter who worked for the US Army has been beheaded by the Taliban, it has been revealed. Pardis was one of the thousands of Afghan interpreters who worked for the…
- Bandits kill 3 persons, set ablaze military armoured vehicle in ZamfaraThe armed bandits stormed the Zamfara community around 2:30am with the attack lasted for about 4 hours Armed bandits attacked Dansadau community in Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara State, killing three persons and abducting 7 others. A source in the community told Channels TV that the armed bandits stormed the community around 2:30am and…