The group said this in a statement by Alhaji Ismail Ahmed, one of its leaders on Wednesday in Abuja.
Ahmed said that the administration was rebuilding the country’s national security capacity to address current security challenges in parts of the country.
“Even as the country continues to struggle with several security challenges, the APC-led administration of President Buhari has been planting seeds for a more efficiently policed and secured country,’’ he said.
He added that the government was doing this through unprecedented investments in military hardware.
Ahmed added that new aircrafts, ships, battle tanks and others had been ordered and were being delivered by the administration.
He said that the presidential assent to the new Police Act, was also worthy of note, especially as it would guarantee community policing.
He said that the establishment of the Police Trust Fund would finance training, logistics and welfare, stressing that government’s efforts at rebuilding the police would begin to yield fruit in months and years ahead.
On international relationship, Ahmed said that the Buhari administration had restored Nigeria’s relations with countries like the United States, United Kingdom, Morocco, Saudi Arabia and other neighbouring countries.
According to him, this was achieved with positive outcomes in the sale by the U.S. of 12 fighter aircraft, the Presidential Fertiliser Initiative with Morocco and the revitalisation of the Multinational Joint Task Force and the Chad Basin Commission.
Ahmed noted that since President Buhari assumed office six years ago, he had pursued reforms aimed at laying a solid and sustainable foundation for the greatness of Nigeria.
He said that the administration was developing Nigeria’s infrastructure in all sectors of the economy.
According to him, more roads and rail infrastructure are being built and completed since 2015, than previous administrations.
“Several landmark infrastructure initiatives are being implemented by the Buhari administration, from the Presidential Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) to the Infrastructure Company (InfraCo).
“Criticisms and opposition are integral requirements of democracy.
“But if opposition parties and its leadership want to join in criticising and opposing the APC, they must do so by presenting to Nigerians what they did comparatively during their stewardship,’’ Ahmed said.
News Agency Of Nigeria
- Young Man stabbed to death while filming a music video in London (photos)The man who was stabbed was lying in the middle of the road, with an ambulance on scene instantly, where the man was receiving CPR right away but looked lifeless A man was fatally stabbed while filming a music video near Brixton Tube station in south London. The victim, Shane Jerome, who was aged 23,…
- ”No room for laziness and unfruitfulness”- COZA pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo backs Bishop Oyedepo over sacking of pastorsFatoyinbo who is one of the proteges of Oyedepo, said there is no room for laziness and unfruitfulness. Senior Pastor of the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly COZA, Biodun Fatoyinbo, has come out to defend Bishop David Oyedepo who recently fired 40 pastors from his church for being ”unfruitful and blatant failures”. Reacting to the development…
- See what Bishop David Oyedepo said after sacking multiple pastors from Winners Chapel (video)Bishop David Oyedepo said the pastors were sacked because they were blatant failures who weren’t bearing fruits. Bishop David Oyedepo, the President and Founder of Living Faith Church Worldwide, aka Winners Chapel Worldwide, has finally spoken about the sack of some pastors. Recall that a pastor named Peter Godwin alleged that he and over 40…
- Taliban beheads Afghanistan interpreter for US Army as militant group dominates almost 90% of Afghan territory following US withdrawal of military troopsThe Taliban now claims it has 85% territory control of Afghanistan following the withdrawal of US forces ordered by president Joe Biden. Sohail Pardis, an Afghan interpreter who worked for the US Army has been beheaded by the Taliban, it has been revealed. Pardis was one of the thousands of Afghan interpreters who worked for the…
- Bandits kill 3 persons, set ablaze military armoured vehicle in ZamfaraThe armed bandits stormed the Zamfara community around 2:30am with the attack lasted for about 4 hours Armed bandits attacked Dansadau community in Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara State, killing three persons and abducting 7 others. A source in the community told Channels TV that the armed bandits stormed the community around 2:30am and…