No less than two persons have lost their lives in an Ogun accident, The PUNCH reports.
The two died, while three others sustained varying degrees of injury on Monday in a crash involving a Nissan Sentra car and a Mack truck at Adedero village on the Abeokuta-Sagamu Expressway.
The spokesman for the Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps, Mr Babatunde Akinbiyi, confirmed the accident.
Akinbiyi explained that the crash occurred around 5.45am, adding that it was caused by reckless driving on the part of the Nissan Sentra driver.
He said, “According to investigation carried out by the TRACE corps rescue team, the driver of the car picked passengers from Kobape inbound Abeokuta before the vehicle ran into a broken down truck at Adedero village as a result of reckless driving and poor visibility.
“The injured victims were rescued before TRACE corps personnel arrived at the scene, while the combined team of TRACE, the FRSC and the police took the dead victims in the FRSC patrol vehicle to the morgue of the State Hospital, Ijaiye, Abeokuta.
“The sum of N230,620 was retrieved from the dead victims’ bodies. One was with N153,620 and the other had N77,000.
“The money has been handed over to the families of the victims.
“We learnt that they were fish sellers going to Abeokuta to buy fish before the unfortunate accident happened.”
He commiserated with the families of the victims, while advising drivers to always remove their vehicles from the road in case of a breakdown.
He urged motorists to avoid reckless driving, especially under poor visibility.
- June12protest: ”They promised us N1000 but haven’t been paid”- #IstandforBuhari supporter claims (video)One of the buhari supporters was granted an interview and alleged they promised them N1,000 but they are yet to be paid Some of the pro-Buhari supporters that staged a solidarity walk for him in Abuja claim they were promised N1000 for a “job well done.” The supporters granted an interview with Roots TV. Watch…
- See the moment Governor Seyi Makinde joins #June12thProtest in Ibadan (Video)Governor Makinde is seen addressing peaceful protesters in Ibadan against any form of violence Governor Seyi Makinde has joined the nationwide #June12thProtest against insecurity and bad governance in Nigeria. In a video shared online, the governor is seen addressing peaceful protesters in Ibadan against any form of violence as they carry out their protest. Watch…
- ‘We Can’t Imagine Life Without T.B. Joshua’ – Heartbroken Nigerians Speak On How The Late Prophet Helped ThemThe news of his death in the early hours of last Sunday hit home like thunderbolt and reverberated across the globe. For those who knew Prophet T B Joshua, the late founder and overseer of the Synagogue Church of All nations (SCOAN) and had experienced or heard of his exploits as a preacher, seer, healer…
- Ex-classmate Of Late Prophet TB Joshua Reveals A Shocking Truth About What People Want to Hear Concerning the Late ProphetAccording to The Nation, Pastor Folorunsho Emmanuel Bamiduro, a Lagos-based cleric cum rights activist, was a childhood friend and ex-classmate of the late Prophet T.B. Joshua. In this interview, he spoke with KUNLE AKINRINADE on the early life of the renowned prophet and how he started from the Celestial Church of Christ before establishing Synagogue…
- Twitter CEO Tweets Nigerian Flag At Exactly 12am On June 12Jack Dorsey, the Chief Executive Officer of Twitter, on Saturday, tweeted the green-white-green Nigerian flag as the West African country marked its 2021 Democracy Day. He made the tweet at exactly 12am Nigerian time. Dorsey’s tweet, which was posted hours to the ongoing nationwide protests in Nigeria, has since attracted thousands of retweets. Many tweeps…