The groups made the demand at the North East Zonal public hearing for the review of 1999 Constitution before the House of Representatives Committee in Yola on Wednesday.
Mr Ahmad Sajo, Spokesperson of Mubi Local Government Area, said that Mubi deserved to be a state, named Amana with capital city in Mubi.
According to him, originally they are part of Cameroun, but by choice, they joined Nigeria because of promises made to them by the then Prime Minister of Nigeria, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, for peace and progress.
“Hence we anchor our demand on the premise of the trust we had in Nigeria which in Hausa means Amana.
“Restore our status as an autonomous region or state as it was when we joined you.
“This is because the premier of Northern Nigeria promised us our continued status as a distinct entity within the Nigerian state and our capital which is Mubi,” he said.
Similarly in his submission, Alhaji Yunusa Gisilanbe, State Chairman of CCDA, also demanded creation of Gongola State.
He said the new state would constitute southern senatorial district of Adamawa made up of Ganye, Toungo, Jada, Mayo-Belwa, Demsa, Numan, Lamurde, Guyuk and Shelleng Local Government Areas.
He said that if created, three additional local government areas needed to be created- Gangdu from Ganye, Yelli from Jada, Nasarawo-Jereng from Mayo-Belwa, Barrong from Demsa.
He further said that the association also supported local government autonomy in all ramifications.
In his remarks, Rep. Mohammed Monguno, Chairman, House of Representatives Constitutional Review Committee, Yola Centre, assured that all memoranda would be submitted before the house for considerations.
Mohammed, who is the Chief Whip of the House of Representatives, said that the review of the constitution would be based on wishes and aspirations of the people.
News Agency Of Nigeria
- “I built her a school in her name and i satisfy her” – 54-year-old Man left in the dark after wife suddenly moved out with his three childrenThe heartbroken man noted that all through the time they were together, he never failed in his responsibilities as a father and husband. A 54-year-old man has taken to social media to cry out after his wife moved out with his three children. According to the mam who claimed his wife moved out of their…
- Twitter is fun without government – Governor Ganduje’s former media aide, Salihu Yakassai ‘Dawisu’The former media aide to Kano state Governor Ganduje believes twitter is fun without government Governor Ganduje’s former media aide, Salihu Yakassai a.k.a Salihu Yakassai ‘Dawisu’ has shared his thoughts about the Twitter ban that has left some people in government from accessing the social media platform. Dawisu in a tweet he shared, stated that “Twitter…
- See the bunch of plantain Actor, Mofe Duncan bought for N6000The Nigerian actor was shocked and asked where the country is going after buying ‘four’ plantain for N6,000 Actor, Mofe Duncan, shared the photo of a bunch of plantain that cost N6000. He posted the photo on his IG page with the caption ” This 3 & ¾ bunch of plantain cost N6000 (six thousand naira). Read…
- Tragedy As Petrol Station Manager Is Found Dead Inside Underground Tank (Photo)Family members of a dead petrol station manager have cried out for justice after he was found dead inside an underground tanker. The tragic incident took place in Ughelli, Delta state. Mr. Dennis Ikroje reportedly went to work very early on the morning of June 9 at Sobaz Petrol Station situated along Ughelli/ Patani Road…
- Police Arrest Man For Having S3x With Neighbour’s SheepA man who was caught defiling his neighbour’s sheep has been arrested in Siaya community in Kenya. 20-year-old John Omondi was caught in the act with a sheep that belongs to Richard Odhiambo. The sheep was found missing after Odhiambo had gone to check for it at a place he tied it at to graze….