A High Court registrar, Paul Eghodibie Ezenwosi, has allegedly been killed in Owa-Oyibu community, the Headquarter of Ika North East Local Government Area of Delta State over N2500 debt.
The deceased, a father of six died after one Stella Osafile and her 16-year-old allegedly hit him on the head with a plank when he went to demand for the N2500 they are owing him.
Speaking with Ika Weekly Newspaper during a visit to the bereaved family in Owa-Ekei, wife of the deceased, Mrs. Uwaoma Ezenwosi said that her late husband sold a hen to Mr. Augustine Osafile during the year 2020 Easter period at the rate of Five Thousand Naira, (#5,000), he paid the sum of Two Thousand Five Hundred (#2,500) and promised to pay the balance money on a later date.
“Ever since last year, my husband has been going to Augustine’s house for the money. Each time he goes there, his wife Stella and his sixteen year old son, Marvelous will embarrass him, calling him names and threatening to deal with him if he refuses to stop coming to their house,” the widow narrated.
Of recent, that was on Thursday, May 29, 2021, my husband left home at about 6pm to get the money from Augustine, on reaching there, he met his wife Stella and his sixteen years old son, Marvelous at home.
“My husband requested to see their father, Augustine and they knowing my husband’s motive for coming, told him that their father was not around. On leaving the house, he met a friend, whom he was discussing with when Stella and his son, Marvelous came and started fighting him,”
She claimed that when they saw that her husband dying after using plank to hit him on his head, they rushed him to the Owa-Alero Hospital.
“On reaching the Hospital, they told the Doctors that my husband was involved in an accident that was why they brought him to the hospital and left. She further stated that her husband died few hours after he was brought to the hospital.” she said
Mrs. Ezenwosi called on the Police to carry out their investigation with fairness and justice.
The newspaper reported that Mr. Augustine Osafile has been arrested by the police in Owa-Oyibu Division while his wife, Stella and his son, Marvelous had gone into hiding.
Meanwhile, the remains of Mr. Paul Eghodibie Ezenwosi has been deposited in the morgue.
- First Photos And Videos From Toyin Lawani’s Traditional WeddingToyin Lawani, the popular Nigerian fashion entrepreneur has tied the knot traditionallu. The traditional wedding of the fashion entrepreneur, and her fiance, Segun Wealth, held in Lagos state on June 12, 2021. Below are the first photos and videos from the ceremony.
- How My Sister Was R*ped And Killed A Day To Her 16th Birthday – Plateau-Based LadyHow My Sister Was R*ped And Killed A Day To Her 16th Birthday – Plateau-Based Lady A young, beautiful Nigerian girl, Comfort Benjamin, a teenager living with her family in Jos, Plateau State, went out on May 22, a day to her 16th birthday, and never returned. Two days later, her corpse was found dumped…
- UFC 263: Israel Adesanya Defeats Vettori To Retain Middleweight TitleNigerian martial arts champion, Israel Adesanya successfully defended his middleweight Ultimate Fighting Championship title on Sunday morning, beating Italian Marvin Vettori in the main event of UFC 263 at Gila River Arena in Glendale, Arizona. Adesanya put up a dominant display over Vettori, winning 50-45 on all of the judges cards. Adesanya and Vettori first…
- June12protest: ”They promised us N1000 but haven’t been paid”- #IstandforBuhari supporter claims (video)One of the buhari supporters was granted an interview and alleged they promised them N1,000 but they are yet to be paid Some of the pro-Buhari supporters that staged a solidarity walk for him in Abuja claim they were promised N1000 for a “job well done.” The supporters granted an interview with Roots TV. Watch…
- See the moment Governor Seyi Makinde joins #June12thProtest in Ibadan (Video)Governor Makinde is seen addressing peaceful protesters in Ibadan against any form of violence Governor Seyi Makinde has joined the nationwide #June12thProtest against insecurity and bad governance in Nigeria. In a video shared online, the governor is seen addressing peaceful protesters in Ibadan against any form of violence as they carry out their protest. Watch…