According to The Nation, Oba Yisa Olanipekun, the Zaki of Arigidi, has asked the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) to keep the body of its late founder Prophet Temitope Joshua intact.
A delegation from SCOAN is said to be heading for Arigidi to announce his demise and submit factual report on his passage.
Late Prophet TB Joshua hails from Arigidi in Akoko North West local government area of Ondo State.
His demise shocked residents of Arigidi as his philanthropic works extended to large members of the community.
He was said to dole out money and food to the elderly, scholarships to youths as well as pay for execution of several community projects.
Late TB had already acquired land to build a university before he died.
Oba Olanipekun, in a statement to journalists in Akure, demanded full cooperation of SCOAN church members in Nigeria and across the globe.
The monarch urged the church to allow the immediate family and the Arigidi community to mourn the painful loss without further distractions.
According to him: “I am hereby making a demand that his body must be preserved intact until arrangements are made to examine and/or certify the cause of his death and the body is moved to Arigidi for final burial rights to be announced at a later date.
“On behalf of the Zaki-in-Council, the High Chiefs, the Elders and immediate family members of our late son, I commiserate with the President, the Governor of Ondo State, my beloved people of Arigidi and the people of Nigeria in general for the loss of our illustrious son. I pray that God, in His infinite mercies, will wipe off our tears.”
Ondo Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu said TB Joshua was a philanthropist whose exit would be missed by many.
Akeredolu, in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Olatunde Richard, said the renowned man of God was a blessing to humanity and a great Ambassador of the Sunshine State whose ministry was noted for charity.
“Undoubtedly, Pastor Joshua’s demise came as a rude shock. The pains are not mere emotional flashes; they are indeed piercing. The Ondo-born Pastor and televangelist was committed to giving and was more often, inexorably imbued with calmness while lifting the downtrodden. As a televangelist, he did not just win souls for Christ, he was passionate about changing lives.
“He demonstrated timelessly, an alluring service to humanity and compassion by assisting not only his home local government, Akoko North West. Other adjoining local governments in Akoko land benefitted from his large heart of benevolence.
“Of significant note too, Pastor Joshua never hesitated to assist in whatever manner the Ondo State Government desired such. To us in Ondo State, we consider this a personal loss. He was a pride to the Sunshine State.
“Not only Africa is hit hard; this is a great global knock as his Pastor TB Joshua’s ministry attracted an immeasurable foreign followership. Christendom has lost a giant.
“The reality of the finality of death truly hurts the heart. But for TB Joshua, he had played his own part of the endless life orchestra; he has departed.
“We must take solace in his good deeds he while here. He is now a Heaven’s gain. The people have lost a committed giver. We shall continue to remember his contributions to the development of our State.”
- HORROR! Suspected Herdsmen Kill Four Women, 2 Others In Nasarawa (Graphic Photos)Some gunmen who are suspected to be Fulani herdsmen have killed six farmers including four women in a Tiv settlement in Keana Local Government Area of Nasarawa State. President, Tiv Development Association (TIDA) Nasarawa State, Comrade Peter Ahemba, who confirmed the incident on Saturday June 12, said the gunmen invaded Tse-Jimin village, Jimin-Gbaka in Aloshi…
- Tope Alabi Under Fire For Publicly Criticising The Song Of A Fellow Gospel Artist (Video)Veteran Nigerian gospel singer, Tope Alabi is receiving heat online for criticising the song of another gospel singer. The popular gospel singer, while ministering at a vigil in the early hours of June 12, criticized a term a fellow gospel singer, Adeyinka Alaseyori, used in hailing God. Adeyinka referred to God as “Oniduro” in one…
- First Photos And Videos From Toyin Lawani’s Traditional WeddingToyin Lawani, the popular Nigerian fashion entrepreneur has tied the knot traditionallu. The traditional wedding of the fashion entrepreneur, and her fiance, Segun Wealth, held in Lagos state on June 12, 2021. Below are the first photos and videos from the ceremony.
- How My Sister Was R*ped And Killed A Day To Her 16th Birthday – Plateau-Based LadyHow My Sister Was R*ped And Killed A Day To Her 16th Birthday – Plateau-Based Lady A young, beautiful Nigerian girl, Comfort Benjamin, a teenager living with her family in Jos, Plateau State, went out on May 22, a day to her 16th birthday, and never returned. Two days later, her corpse was found dumped…
- UFC 263: Israel Adesanya Defeats Vettori To Retain Middleweight TitleNigerian martial arts champion, Israel Adesanya successfully defended his middleweight Ultimate Fighting Championship title on Sunday morning, beating Italian Marvin Vettori in the main event of UFC 263 at Gila River Arena in Glendale, Arizona. Adesanya put up a dominant display over Vettori, winning 50-45 on all of the judges cards. Adesanya and Vettori first…