In what will come across as a really startling development, a fire outbreak has occurred at a general hospital in Badawa Layout, Nasarawa Local Government Area of Kano State.
The inferno reported on Wednesday claimed the life of a 40-year-old man.
Kano State Fire Service spokesman, Saminu Abdullahi confirmed the incident on Thursday.
The official noted that officers were sent to the scene after an emergency call.[ruby_related heading=”More Read” total=5 layout=1]
The fire started in a generator room where two diesel tanks and four sets of generators were razed.
“The victim sustained some injuries and was taken out of the generator room unconscious”, Abdullahi said.
He was pronounced dead at the Muhammad Abdullahi Wase Specialist Hospital where he was taken for medical attention.
The corpse has been released to the Badawa Police Divisional headquarters.